Dear Zion Parents:
Attached are this week’s Blue Notes along with several attachments.
- October 19th- 1st Quarter Report cards will be sent home.
- October 20th- 11:00 am early dismissal, Conferences from 2:30-8:00 p.m. Register for a conference at this link https://tinyurl.com/zlsconf21. Please indicate “in-person” or “virtual”.
- October 21st – NO SCHOOL- Parent/Teacher Conferences for K-8 students You can register for an in-person or virtual conference at this link https://tinyurl.com/zlsconf21. Please indicate “in-person” or “virtual”.
- October 22nd- NO SCHOOL – teachers institute day
- October 29th- Blue and White DRESS UP DAY- Come to school dressed as your favorite book or movie character. All costumes must be school appropriate (no weapons, blood or full face costume masks). Students must still wear approved masks (not mesh) covering their mouth and nose.
VACCINATION CLINIC- TOMORROW- from 2-7 pm. in the multi-purpose room open to any community member (12 yrs old or older). The shots being offered are: Pfizer 1st & 2nd shot, Moderna 1st & 2nd shot, Johnson & Johnson (1 shot) vaccine and the BOOSTER shot. You DO NOT have to schedule an appointment but you must register in advance on-line at https://events.juvare.com/IL-IDPH/w77s9/1064423/ You will then be given a QR code to print to bring to the clinic. You can drop in between 2-7 p.m. Enter through the Athletic entrance off of East Street.
APPLE CIDER DONUTS– Zion PTL and Cody’s Farm have Apple Cider Donuts available for sale until October 22nd. Donuts tentatively will be delivered and ready for pick up on October 29. Top 3 sellers win a Free Tour of Cody’s and a Carving Pumpkin! Prize must be used this year before the farm closing on October 31st.
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD- CLOTHING AND TOYS are being collected through October 29th. This includes: shirts, pants, skirts, dresses, underwear, socks, flip flops, sunglasses, small stuffed animals/dolls, toy truck or boat, soccer ball (deflated with small pump), small instrument like harmonica or recorder and playing cards. Thank you and may God bless your family as you bless others.
PARENT VOLUNTEER PROGRAM (PVP): We are always in need of lunch helpers from 10:50-11:50 a.m. each day. Each family is required to get in 10 hours of volunteer service this year. You can sign up at this link- PVP Volunteer Sign-up Link.
Dr. Dan Bertrand and Mrs. Merri-lynne Seaburg