Dear Zion Parents:We are currently experiencing a significant up-tick in COVID quarantines due to close contact or having it (approx. 15% of our students). If your child is sick before they return to school although it is not required we encourage you to get them tested. There are FREE test sites in Marengo.
- Due to supply issues our school menu changes at times so check our website or the Sycamore mobile app for up-to-date information.
- SUBSTITUTE SCHOOL COOK NEEDED: We are in need of substitute school cooks when one of our cooks are absent. Work schedule is 9 am to 1 pm and pay is $12 per hour. Notify the office at email@example.com or call 815-568-5156 if interested.
SNOW DAYS ARE NOW REMOTE LEARNING DAYS– If we need to cancel school due to the weather or any other emergency we will have a REMOTE LEARNING DAY for all students. Your child’s teacher(s) should have sent you some information in regard to their expectations and schedule on those days this week. We will make every attempt to notify you as soon a decision is made in regard to the cancellation of school. We will be following the lead of the public school districts in town. An automated call will be sent out to all parents no later than 5:30 a.m. in the morning.
PARENT VOLUNTEER PROGRAM (PVP): Lunch helper’s are always needed from 10:50-11:50 a.m. each day. We have 0 for today and only 1 on Thursday and Friday this week. PVP Sign-up
Girls PTL Basketball Tournament on February 4-6th-From Payton Black, Athletic Director. We are going to need all hands on deck for this event which is our largest fundraiser of the year, so let’s make it our best one yet. A few things that are needed are:
- LOTS of help with volunteering for this eventful weekend to run smoothly
- Food to be donated for us to sell at our concession stand
- Donated 2-liter bottles of POP
Pop Shot contest- Half-time free throw shooting – Anyone who pays a dollar at half time to shoot a free throw & makes it will earn themselves a 2-liter bottle of pop! There is a shopping cart in the hallway as students walk into school to deposit your donated pop. Sign-up at these links for Tournament Volunteer Hours Sign-up and Food Donation Sign-up are listed at this link: This weekend is a fantastic way to complete your 10 community service hours too!
Dr. Dan Bertrand and Mrs. Merri-lynne Seaburg