Dear Zion Parents:
Friday was the end of the 3rd quarter. Report cards will go home this Friday. Only 47 days until summer. OurPS-4 students really enjoyed this morning’s musical performance of “Cinderella”. Our choir did a great job singing for it as well as playing some of the roles in the play along with the evil step-sisters (Mrs. Gates and Mrs. Bassuener).
Attached to the Blue Notes is information about Lenten Worships, Men’s Retreat, MUGS Softball and Marengo Tackle Football.
Please remember to send a water bottle with your child to school but our water fountains are also now reopened.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Monday, March 14th- The Concordia Lutheran High School A Cappella Choir from Ft. Wayne, Indiana will be singing at the Monday night church service and performing a short concert in the church after the service around 7:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 15th- the choir will be putting on a 30 minute concert in the church at 8:30 a.m. for the student body and any interested guests.
- Wednesday, March 16th- 3rd quarter report cards sent home
- Friday, March 25th will be an 11:00 a.m. early dismissal to kick off our spring break. No PM bus service on this day. Super Spring Break Bonanza Dress Up Day.
- March 28th- April 4th- Spring Break
PTL BUTTER BRAIDS FUNDRAISER- Information will be going home with each students about the PTL’s Butter Braid fundraiser. Orders are due on April 4th with delivery on April 14th.
REGISTRATION FOR NEXT YEAR: Registration forms and a $50 deposit for next year’s enrollment were due in the office on February 25th. If you have not already turned them in please do so as soon as possible.
PARENT VOLUNTEER PROGRAM (PVP): If you do not already have your 10 hours of volunteer service for this year. Time and opportunities are running out. We always need lunch helpers each day from 10:50-11:50 a.m. PVP Sign-up
We are in need of a 5th-8th grade English teacher for next year, if you know of anyone who might be interested please have them send a resume and letter of application to email@example.com.
If you know of anyone who is fluent in the Spanish language and who is good at working with kids, we are looking for someone to teach an after school Spanish enrichment class next year to 2nd-6th graders. Please have them contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 815-568-5126.
Marengo Park District- is taking applications for a part-time custodian working nights and weekends. If interested apply by sending a resume to email@example.com.
Dr. Dan Bertrand and Mrs. Merri-lynne Seaburg