Dear Zion Parents:
Attached are the Blue Notes with information about the end of the year and a Zion Girls Basketball Camp, Vacation Bible School and FREE FOOD.
We have enjoyed serving Zion as Co-Principals for the past six years. We will miss seeing and working with the students, staff and supportive parents that we are Blessed to have at Zion. Our Board of Christian Education has been great to work with under the leadership of Mrs. Michele Harp. They have been supportive and professional in performing their duties. Although we have accomplished much and faced may challenges over the past six years it has been filled with joy and gratification. We hope that we are leaving Zion better than when we came here and wish only the best to everyone. We are confident that the school will be in good hands with our new principal, Mrs. Domeir. May you each have a Blessed summer.
LOVIN LEVI- There are heart pins for sale in the school and church office benefiting Levi Olson. The minimum donation is $1. His family has partnered with COTA for assistance with the many transplant related expenses. Please consider donating to COTA in honor of Levi at www.COTAforLovinLevi.com. All donations through COTA are tax deductible. Lovin Levi shirts are available for purchase again until June 13th. https://tinyurl.com/lovinlevi
PARK DISTRICT PROGRAMS- Don’t forget to sign up for summer park district programs NOW. Kids can still sign up to be in Summer with the Arts- Aladdin Jr. musical. The first camp of the summer is COED Basketball for 1st through 6th grade which starts on June 7th at Zion. You can register for all park programs at www.marengoparkdistrict.org.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Wednesday, May 25th- 7:00 p.m.- Kindergarten Closing Ceremony in the church
- Thursday, May 26th- 7:00 p.m. – 8th Grade Graduation ceremony in the church
- Friday, May 27th- 8:30 a.m. – Closing Chapel/Awards with dismissal at 10:00 a.m.- no PM bus service.
END OF THE YEAR
- If you have medication for your child in the office please be sure to pick it up before Friday.
- Lost and Found- On Monday-Wednesday after school all lost and found items will be on tables outside the front entrance for you to claim anything your child may have lost this year.
- School lunches will no longer be free next year. School lunch prices for students will be $3.00 per day next year.
- The summer office hours starting on June 6th will be 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday and starting in July 8:00 a.m to 11:00 a.m. Monday to Thursday.
- Attached is another draft copy of the tentative school calendar for next year.
Dr. Dan Bertrand and Mrs. Merri-lynne Seaburg